It is our aim to ensure all our guests have comfortable facilities, all requests are dealt with efficiently and all guests are made to feel welcome throughout their stay. We are committed to providing accessibility for all our guests and would welcome all constructive comments.
The Lantern Pike Inn welcomes people with disabilities and has developed the Access Statement to address some of the more common issues that disabled people face. This access statement is intended to provide additional information for all guests who wish to stay in our Bed and Breakfast Facility or use our general restaurant and bar facilities. Recognition has been given to include guests with an impairment, which could include: Mobility, Sight, Hearing, Learning Disabilities or any other hidden impairment.
The Lantern Pike Inn aims to ensure all employees, guests and others who use, or assist in, the provision of our services whether they have a mobility difficulty, a visual impairment, are deaf or hard of hearing, are deaf blind, have a speech impairment or difficulty, have a learning difficulty or mental health disability, use a wheelchair, cane, walking frame or crutches, or have any other disability are treated equally and according to their needs. We request that anyone wishing to make and enquiry or booking inform us of any special needs or disabilities that they may have in order for us to meet any personal requirements. All staff is fully trained to assist disabled guests with empathy.
The Lantern Pike Inn is located on the A624, 4 miles south of Glossop and 4 miles north of Chapel-en-le-Frith. We are within easy reach of the M67, M60, M62 and M6. Manchester City Centre is 15 miles (30 mins) via the M67 and A57. Sheffield is approx 30 miles east along the A57 (40 mins). Glossop Railway Station and News Mills Railway Station are both approximately 4 miles from the Inn. A regular bus service is available from Glossop and New Mills which stops outside the Inn. Manchester International airport is approximately 35 minutes drive.
It is possible to park a vehicle within 15 metres or less from the main entrance, please advise if you need a parking space close to the main entrance when making a reservation, arrangements will then be made to reserve a space.
There is limited ground floor access for wheelchair users though access through the main entrance is possible into the general restaurant and bar areas.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
We constantly endeavour to improve accessibility to all our guests
and any comments you have would be most welcome. Please pass on your
comments to any of our staff or contact Stella directly. If you
require any further information relating to the accessibility of
the Inn, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01663 747590,
or in person and we will do our best to answer your queries
- In the event of evacuation the bells will ring continuously. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
- Everywhere is well lit and there is emergency lighting and signage throughout. There is also fire protection and signage throughout the Inn.
- There is a half inch step up through the main entrance to the Inn.
- In the restaurant and bar there is ample moveable seating and there are chairs with or without arms.
- Background music is in the bar area.
- There is a 8 inch step up and an 8 inch step down into the breakfast room although meals can be taken in the main areas.
- There is a 6 inch step up into the gents toilets
- All our staff could read the menu out to those who require it
- We always have a tasty selection of meat, fish & vegetarian dishes & special diets can be catered for by request, please lets us know at the time of your reservation.
- A porter service is available to assist guests with luggage
- A waiter service is available on all the ground floor service areas.
- None of the ground floor toilets or accommodation toilets are suitable for wheelchairs
All our Bedrooms:
- can be accessed through the main bar area when the bar is open, alternatively they can be accessed through the residents entrance when the bar is closed
- Each bedroom has its own door key and also a key for the two entrance door
- are located on the first floor accessed up one flight of stairs. The staircase is 1 metre wide with a strong hand rail on the right hand side going up and shallow carpeted stairs. This enables two people to walk up side by side (if anyone needs some extra support).
- are equipped with kettles, tea & coffee making facilities, remote control TV.
- are en-suite and are centrally heated with adjustable radiators.
- are fitted with sensitive smoke and heat detectors and are strictly NON SMOKING, as is the rest of the building
- have fully fitted carpets.
- Are strictly NON-SMOKING
- Permit Guide dogs in the rooms by arrangement.
- Both the twin rooms are equipped with Walk-In Showers and the three double rooms have a bath with an Over-Bath Shower.
- The above information is as accurate as possible and includes as much detail as possible for this Access Statement; however, all feedback is very welcome to continually improve on the information provided. If further assistance is required, please call 01663 747590.