Looking for the right venue to hold a party or meeting or simply looking for a suitable venue for your office party or maybe a place where your club can have a private room? And where you can have your catering needs served with confidence?
We know that sometimes you don't know what you really want or what's available, let us have a chat, let us tell you what is available and make some suggestions and take all the worry out of the day for you, it's what we do best.
We cater for parties/groups large or small; we will listen, offer advice and produce a professional scenario specially tailored to your needs. Whether it's a club annual event, a works function, wedding, christening or even a wake, we won't let you down on this very important day. And with prices to suit all pockets and a policy of no-compromise on quality your day will be complete.
What we offer:
- The room dressed to your requirements
- Buffets ~ hot/cold
- Formal meals
- Transport home plan
For a no obligation chat over a cup of coffee come and discuss your event with us.
Want to know what others thought?
Testimonials for Lantern Pike (Your Function) & High Peak Cuisine
- Hen Party, 8th February 13
- Vicky Q, organised a hen party for her younger sister and 21 other women. They had a special dinner at Park Hall Manor, for which the Lantern Pike catering team provided the meals. The following morning the ladies enjoyed brunch at the pub itself.
Vicky Q, from Manchester, said: "I organised a hen night for my younger sister's pre-marriage celebrations. It was absolutely fantastic. Our friends came from far and wide. There were 22 of us and we all agreed the food was delicious. The preparation was excellent and it was served bang on time. Everything we asked for was provided. I would recommend the Lantern Pike catering team to anybody and I would certainly go there again."
- Surprise Birthday Party, 1st Feb 13
Steve S, Manchester-born but now living in Lincolnshire, organised a surprise 50th birthday party for his wife Fay at Park Hall Manor and arranged for the Lantern Pike catering team to provide their weekend dinners.
Steve from Lincolnshire, said: "I organised a surprise 50th birthday party for my wife Fay. She was delighted because the food was not only delicious, nourishing and well -cooked, but it was so plentiful we couldn't finish it. Some guests arrived late at The Lantern Pike and the staff waited an hour for us. On the second night their catering team served us at the Park Hall Manor and Tom provided a barrel of beer. It was a brilliant way to celebrate a special occasion and I would thoroughly recommend it."
- 4oth Birthday Party, 18th January 13
- London-based Tamara K entrusted the Lantern Pike staff with the catering for her 40th birthday party. Tamara, who is half Dutch and half German, stayed with her friends at nearby Park Hall for a long weekend, but brought them to the country pub for Friday dinner and Saturday lunch. Bacon rolls were delivered for Sunday breakfast.
Tamara said: "I can't speak highly enough of the food and the service. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty. They came up with useful suggestions and even found a local singer to entertain us. Tom and Stella were lovely. I would recommend The Lantern Pike to anybody."
- Copy of Email sent by Sonia M, 7th Dec
- Dear Chris, Tom & Sarah I just wanted to email you to thank you personally for the wonderful catering at Park Hall Manor last weekend. We all had a fantastic time and the food was superb!
You probably know already that we visited the Lantern Pike on Saturday day time and had a few drinks, some of us ate there too. Service was fantastic and the pub boasting an extremely relaxing and comfortable environment.
- Joint Birthday Party, 24th November 2012
- Christine D, from Washington, Tyne and Wear, was holding a joint birthday party for herself and 65-year-old husband Colin. They had booked family and close friends into Park Hall Manor, and saw The Lantern Pike recommended by previous guests.
She said the staff at The Lantern Pike couldn't have been more helpful or charming. Chris, the chef, asked Christine to tell him what she wanted and said he would provide it. Together they worked out a menu.
She said the food was cooked fresh and served piping hot. All the guests commented on how tasty the turkey and salmon alterative had been, with generous portions.
She said Chris and a waitress took all the crockery and cutlery away at the end and brought it back washed and cleaned the next morning.
They thought it was gorgeous - "absolutely fantastic from beginning to end: terrific value; I would recommend it to anyone."
- Lytham St annes Rambling Group, 4th November 2012
- Anthea M organised a visit to the Lantern Pike for 30 hikers from the Lytham St Annes Rambling Group. It had been recommended by a previous organiser from whom she had taken over.
She found the Lantern Pike staff very helpful and well organised so she was able to take the menu round the coach and ring through with the choices made. They were impressed with the quality of the food, although Anthea described it as "not the cheapest we have had."
She said she enjoyed the overall experience, and judging from the lack of complaints, so did the others. She said it was always hard to get positive comments, so no comments was a very good sign. They would recommend the Lantern Pike and eat there again. "We were given four choices and the staff were very amenable. We would definitely call again next time we visit the Peak District."
- Family Gathering, 6th October
- Judith S, from Reading, Berks, was arranging a family gathering for 25 guests at Park Hall Manor. She had booked it through English country cottages who said there was a pub within walking distance. She then googled to find the Lantern Pike website.
Everything went according to plan. The only minor quibble was that they were given a grand total rather than an itemised bill, which made it difficult to apportion costs to individual guests.
She said everyone thought the dinner was a success. She said Chris had given her a wide choice of options. He was very friendly and the young lady who assisted him was lovely. The food was excellent with generous portions.
"Everyone agreed the evening had been a great success. I would like to use them again and recommend them to anyone."
- Coronation Street Evening
- My husband and I recently hosted a group of 20 New Zealand
Coronation Street fans for four days in and around Manchester.
We chose The Lantern Pike Inn as one of our evening venues,
and were delighted with our choice. The staff and management
went out of their way to provide a memorable evening for our
group and accompanying guest speaker. The management was
extremely helpful and accommodating, the staff were
efficient and courteous, and the food was sensational.
We will definitely take future groups to the Lantern
Pike, and have no hesitation in recommending this great
pub to other people seeking a cosy function venue.
Thank you once again to Tom, Stella, Chris and their staff
for a wonderful evening.
Sandi McDonell Batchelor, Skyzlimit, Hampshire
- "The Lantern Pike proved a great place for a coach full of hungry ramblers".
- We had to organise a meal for our trip of 44 Leicester Ramblers to the High
Peak and we chose The Lantern Pike. The staff were very helpful and the Chef
prepared an excellent menu of fresh food for us to choose from. On the day of
our trip all the meals were of an exceptionally high standard for the price.
The food was wonderful and the portions very generous with an offer of seconds
if needed. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and the whole
experience put the icing on the cake for our day in the High Peak.
I can highly recommend The Lantern Pike Inn.
Mike Gale - Leicester Ramblers'
- A perfect end to a company team building day...
- A perfect end to a company team building day over Kinder Scout.
On arrival at the Pike after a long day on the hill we received
a heart warming welcome from Stella Tom and their team. We had
pre-booked a BBQ meal and received a banquet fit for a king,
all washed down with the finest ale in Derbyshire, excellent
value for money, thank you from all my team.
Paul, WLS (a Manchester based housing construction company)
- Peak District outings since the early nineteen eighties...
- The M.P.C. (an exclusive Manchester based walking club) has been using
The Lantern Pike Inn as a base for their Peak District outings since the
early nineteen eighties. We are always made welcome when 7 or 8 times a
year we book in for a meal at the end of the day. We are usually offered
a room to ourselves which holds up to 16 diners. The homemade food is
good, the beer is well kept and in winter we especially look forward to
the roaring fire when we come into the bar after a wet a cold day on the hills.
Noel, Club Secretary
- The room was magical, the food was excellent...
- We were looking for a place that was cosy, family friendly
with good food and atmosphere.we got all that and more besides.
Stella, Tom, Chris and all the staff gave us a night to remember.
The room was magical, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was
terrific. Everyone that came to celebrate with us fully agreed
with us. Thank you to everyone at The Lantern Pike Inn.
Susan and David, Old Glossop
- Surprise 40th Birthday Party
- We recently held my husbands �surprise� 40th birthday party at the
Lantern Pike and invited around 60 of our family and friends. After
speaking with the Chef a couple of months ahead of time, we were
able to agree a custom buffet menu exactly as I wanted at the right
price and not be forced to choose from a series of fixed menus
(very refreshing in these days of same as, same as and same as).
The night went exactly as I had hoped and our guests enjoyed lovely
food and hospitality.
Lucy, Little Hayfield
- Greek Night...
- We joined in the very first theme night � a Greek Night � and enjoyed it
so much we have been to virtually every Theme Night since � Mexican,
Italian, Mill workers night, St George etc etc. They have just got better
and better. Good food & drink, good company, good atmosphere. What more
could you want?
Alan and Julie, Glossop
- St George's Day Dinner...
- Since Stella and Tom took over they have organised several
successful theme evenings. On 23rd April last I attended
their St George�s Day Dinner. An excellent, typically English
dinner served up to a gathering of around 40 guests along
with an evening of traditional entertainment. What better way
to celebrate this event in a truly English pub.
Millicent, Little Hayfield
- Christmas festivities...
- Where better to start our Christmas festivities than the Lantern Pike
Inn Little Hayfield. In warm friendly surroundings fourteen friends
enjoyed the 5 course traditional Christmas dinner. With mouth watering
choices for each course, the food cooked to perfection and first
class service served by a friendly staff. As the good wine flowed
we enjoyed the entertainment of a local singer. Wonderful evening
was had by all: Well done Tom & Stella we'll all be back.
Jack and Kay, Little Hayfield
- Annual Running Venue
- For the last four years The Cheshire Tally Ho! Hare and Hounds Cross Country
Running Club has been using The Lantern Pike as an annual venue from which to
run. As many as twenty five members of the club attend the run each year.
The hospitality provide is second to none. There is a wide selection of
meals and most importantly beer to choose from, both of which are excellent
and very good value. Situated in one of the most beautiful parts of the
Peak District, The Lantern Pike is literally a few strides away from the
most dynamic countryside. I would not hesitate to recommend any running
club or walking club to use The Lantern Pike as a venue to sample the
delights of the Peak District. This is a venue I am sure The Cheshire
Tally Ho! will be using for many more years to come.
Mike Shipley. Cheshire Tallyho Hare and Hounds Club, Manchester. Hon. Sec.